Kaivalyadham : the state of aloneness.

 Kaivalyadham : the state of aloneness.

.

This state is achieved through yoga practice.
.
It can seem like a negative state, especially because socially we are educated to believe aloneness and loneliness are the same. We see in movies, books, and the words of many elders in our society(as they went through the same education) that tell us things like someone is our soulmate, true love is ‘finding our other half,’ and the loneliness in us can be filled by other people.
.
There is a difference between loneliness and aloneness. In loneliness I need an ‘other.’ There is something that needs to be filled that is not being filled. But in aloneness there is no other. In this state whether I am with people or not, I am alone, but I am not lonely. I am full. I am whole.
.
No one else can fill the deep need for wholeness/this impulse towards transcendence. This wholeness is originally in each of us and through turning-in/personal practice we can connect once again with that (our true soulmate, our true self). It can seem like a far off thing, but just by starting yoga posture practice, just by watching my body/breath/thoughts, I can start to reconnect.
.
Yoga practice is grounding and centering. The more I feel this and it spreads to more aspects of my life, the more I become steady and comfortable. I start to feel more full and connected. The shaking, uncertainty and needing of other people and things becomes less and less.
.
Then being with others becomes not a need that leaves us feeling drained at times, but a togetherness of sharing the things that we have that are overflowing from within us.
.
In aloneness I can totally be together with others.
.
We study about this and so much more in the Healing Alchemy Yoga Teacher Training Course~ The course is available in-person in Daegu, South Korea or online from anywhere in the world.
.
Come by the studio or DM for more information ^____^






Comments

Popular Posts