Happy Teacher's Day KOREA!! - by Talia

Many of us Expats are teachers in Korea, but there is always much to learn ourselves. In Daegu, there is a special place for personal work with fellow practitioners and Teachers. We become mirrors for each other and use various tools (such as zen therapy, family constellation, yoga postures 'asana' etc.) to explore our minds (i.e. desires, projections and so forth).

It is written in the book of CHUANG TZU: 'The Tao that can be talked about is not the true Tao.' Such is a similar feeling when expressing this gratitude and love for my Teachers.

Each THANK YOU and LOVE that comes to me is from my Teachers. Not that they have given me love, but that love is beyond what I had experienced. Love that comes from ancient roots. Love that was shared from their Teacher and their Teacher before them. Ancient teachings. Such that our love is but one. Such that love is infinite ~ like a bottomless well. Love that is not conditional. Love that cannot be put into a box. 

Then are Love and Tao but the same? 
Let us wonder about that some more 🙃

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

A tribute to my Teachers :

    'I cannot see what you see in class Master, but you keep lifting me up when I feel heavy and lifeless. I am protected. I am loved. 
    And Wonjangnim, for showing me that love comes from within. I am still learning to support myself but when I cannot, I have yours and Master's strength.

    사랑합니다! 감삼니다!

Thank you life for blessing me!



원장님  ♥️ & 마스타님 ♥️ [Wonjangnim & Master]
15.05 Teacher's Day '21


•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

A way to express love is perhaps by describing what love is not:

Shakespeare's Sonnet 116 
Let me not to the marriage of true minds 
Admit impediments. Love is not love 
Which alters when it alteration finds, 
Or bends with the remover to remove. 
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark 
That looks on tempests and is never shaken; 
It is the star to every wand'ring bark, 
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. 
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks 
Within his bending sickle's compass come; 
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, 
But bears it out even to the edge of doom. 
If this be error and upon me prov'd, 
I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.


In the book of Change Tzu on The Tao:
What is, is, what is not, is not.
The Tao is made because we walk it,
things become what they are called.
Why is this so? Surely because this is so.
Why is this not so? Surely because it is not so.
Everything has what is innate,
everything has what is necessary.
Therefore, take a stalk of wheat or a pillar,
a leper or a beauty like Hsi-shih,
the great and the insecure,
the cunning and the odd:
all these are alike to the Tao.
In their difference is their completeness,
in their completeness is their difference.

Comments

Popular Posts