"Create your own world!" - by Talia

 Create your own world!

What if I can have everything I have ever wanted?


There's a song called "nuages-dreams" by Fae Child. A voice commentates: "what if you could dream anything you ever wanted every night.... and then one day, you decide: let's have a dream that isn't in your control. And so you have more and more of these dreams, until you dream where you are now."

Since childhood, I had a dream to travel the world. I lucked out and was assigned work on a world touring cruise ship, but soon, I experienced a dark depression. Sometimes in a dream, an unpleasant situation arises - some people have the ability to change the direction of that dream. It starts as a thought: "I don't like this" and then an awareness: "This is a dream", and so the story can be changed. What about in wakefulness?

There are moments when we have a sense to change the situation as it plays out. It can be as easy as walking away in the heat of anger. It can be more subtle, like a sense of 'knowing' that everything will be alright, you calm down and so does the situation. All of this comes from thoughts. It comes from within you. You can choose to stay in suffering, or to change your thoughts. 

When I was depressed, it seemed I had no control over it; I was lifeless and lethargic. I desperately wanted to be out from the situation I was in, so I spaced out into somewhere else - my mind. The human mind feds on dreams, even during the day you can notice dreams floating in the mind. 

Nowadays, I've had moments of extreme and unexplained tiredness. Through practicing Mindfulness and with my Teachers help, I have started noticing that I actually have a certain thought almost as it happens - a thought of not wanting to be there, and sleep is the easiest way out.

Yoga is about being here now.

What if you can be in the real moment that you are in? There is something beautiful here - move slowly - smell a flower, feel the tickling of your nose, be awed by lights or shadows or clouds - there is something to enjoy where you are this moment! Play with it! There is nowhere else to be! The future does not yet exist, it is imagination. The past does not exist, it is memory. Both are mind, both are dreams. Maybe your 'dream will come true', but then you need a new one, and again you won't be happy. 

You keep moving: from one home to another. 

Watch your body, that is your first home 🏡🤍 is your body steady and comfortable? Are you moving, leaning to a side, fidgety? When your body is moving, your mind is moving. 

Be comfortable in this moment, you can only be where you are now.



Comments

Popular Posts